Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hello world!

2 comments

Hello world. My name is Chris Sexxx. You might know me from comic book rock n roll band The Man Power or anything else related to the anime community on this side of the country, or you may not. Either way, I do not really care. I am here now, so let's have some fun!


I will be contributing whatever I feel like to this awesome blog, so I figured I would give you a little introduction about myself. So why am I so qualified to be writing about the greatness that is rock n roll and heavy metal? Well, I have liked KISS since I was in 2nd grade. Is that enough? How about I survived not one, but two, Guitar Wolf shows including the second to last before the original Bass Wolf died. Oh yea, he died a week after I saw them. Is that still not enough? Well, how about the fact that I have personally melted more faces on stage than most bands in my city combined?


So if I haven't sold you yet, I'll just do the typical thing of proving my worth and credibility with some lists of various things that should more than qualify me to satisfy your rock n roll dreams.


Here's a list of some of my favorite rock n roll and metal acts in no particular order:


KISS, Alice Cooper, Butch Walker, Cheap Trick, X Japan, Guitar Wolf, Danko Jones, Iron Maiden, Converge, Queen, Kishidan, King Diamond, Motley Crue, Boris, Slayer, The Wildhearts


I also like some not rock n roll and metal stuff like punk and hip-hop that would include:


Peelander-Z, The Wu-Tang Clan, Ramones, Bad Brains, Shiina Ringo, The Notorious M.S.G., Minor Threat, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Ryan Adams, MF Doom


My favorite live performers in no particular order would be as follows:


KISS, Alice Cooper, Peelander-Z, Butch Walker, Guitar Wolf, GWAR, and Motley Crue


I play guitar, I sing, I melt faces, I steal girlfriends, and I make boyfriends jealous. So that should be enough for all of the un-grateful readers in the worldwide internets of the future. Let's just have a good time and not take ourselves too seriously! Okay? Get ready for my first real post. It's coming soon!


Here's some of my various web sites worth noting:


The Man Power on Bandcamp

The Man Power on Facebook

The Man Power on Twitter

My personal Twitter account

My personal Last.FM account

2 comments:

Chris said...

I give you high marks for your taste but you lose points for Ryan Adams haha.

Chris Sexxx said...

I will admit as openly as anyone that Mr.Adams needs a filter, but when he hits his good moments he is great. I will always stand behind "Heartbreaker" being a almost flawless album.

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by Clairvo